Adaptive Blended Learning:
A blended learning program with adaptive learning technology enables learners to take full advantage of a learner's preferred strategy offered by the 4 Dimensional Learning pedagogical framework of interaction. The 4DL framework enables learners to reach competency level and then engage in much more meaningful discussion with expert instructors in the classroom, or a face-to-face session on videoconferencing or chat, to take full advantage of their deep insight in the subject matter. This method of combining adaptive learning with face-to-face instruction is termed Adaptive Blended Learning (ABL).
The features of the 4DL-HITEā¢ adaptive learning system for Adaptive Blended Learning include:
- A pedagogical framework for supporting flexible instructional variations.
- Support to provide instructional pathways that can accommodate learning styles and learning strategies.
- An ability to provide intelligent and continuous anytime, anyplace feedback to learners in order to reduce the load on faculty to be available at all times to answer students' questions using learner behavior analysis and learner analytics.
- The system is continuously monitoring educational progress, generating reports, and allowing faculty to provide guidance for more effective online instruction.
- Integration of interactivity, multimedia, and learning strategies in the proper context of the learning pedagogy.
The concepts of brain-based synaptic learning are brought into the 4DL pedagogical framework to enhance the learning for learners in the blended environment where, adaptive learning systems help generate the competency. The faculty then work as an effective guide for students to reach their potential.